Monday, January 9, 2017

It's not all about me?

How often do we lie awake at night rehashing situations we have no control over or are seemingly ours to take charge of only to realize it had absolutely nothing to do with us?  I believe the Lord often times uses us as vessels for His glorious purpose, but we try to manipulate the purpose to make it about us.  I wonder if John the Baptist ever questioned the Lord's purpose for him?  I kind of doubt it.  John knew the Messiah before birth.  John knew his purpose was to point others to Jesus.  When those first two disciples left John to follow Jesus, John could rejoice in seeing his purpose being fulfilled. 
Even though we may find frustration in our situation, stop to have the heart of John for a moment. Reflect on the fact that it may not be about you, but for the Lord's greater purpose and have faith.  I will admit, if you want my attention make it about me, but at some point learning to "check ourselves at the door" and focus on the bigger picture; the eternal picture, there we will find fulfillment in our purpose.


I invite you to join us beginning this Wednesday night to "taste and see that the Lord is good".  We will study 2Chronicle 7:1-10.  Sundays are all about Jesus; Sundays should be cherished and a day we look forward to each week.  We will learn about making Sundays about Jesus and seeking His purpose for us.  God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called to his purpose for him. (Rm. 8:28)  Hope to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment