Monday, March 27, 2017

Mandalas and Lent?

I do love to color and I love to watch children color.  I have learned never to interpret a child's drawing.  That one I learned the hard way but that is for another topic.  I have been asked to give a short talk tonight about mandalas.  Mandalas have been shown to distract the mind from negative thoughts.  They keep the hands busy so the mind cannot wander.  They can ground us in the moment, declutter the mind and reduce stress.  They allow us time to suspend our inner dialogue.  I believe this is what Lent is about and I believe it is part of what Dean Jones was challenging us to do Sunday.  Be present with The Lord; suspend our inner dialogue and listen for His voice.
So, here is my challenge for you.  I have attached a very creative video about how to grow your own mandala and several options you can print.  Watch the video and/or print a mandala and then re-listen to a sermon from this Lenten season.  What did you hear?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g16B64myG-E

https://printmandala.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment