Monday, July 25, 2016

What did God create on the fifth day?

As I walked out on the porch this morning I found this....
I knew my father had found it on his early beach walk with mom this morning and I stopped to think what an interesting creature.  I passed it several times on my way back and forth to the beach. As the afternoon lull of a beach day set in, I finally took the time to really examine this funny creature and to think how much joy God had in creating all of the creatures of the sea.  I turned him over and there were five limbs to the circular body......why 5 I wondered.  
Genesis 1:21 says, "So on the fifth day, God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds... and God said, this is good!" Look at a starfish and you will see 5 limbs; look at a sand dollar and you will discover 5 petalloids and 5 slots.  Unfortunately, we have not run across either of these two sea treasures yet this week......but, now look at the fair linen cloth that covers the alter. Five small crosses are embroidered on the fair linen - one to fall at each corner and one in the middle of the front edge. These symbolize the five wounds of Jesus. It symbolizes the shroud in which Jesus was wrapped for burial.  
I will never cease to be amazed by our Creator's perfect plan and how His daily reminder's, even in something as funny looking as a sea urchin can bring us to the foot of the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment