Monday, August 1, 2016

Where is your 'Happy Place"?

This is mine; absolutely hands down, no doubt about it! 

It is where I lay all of my worries down and lay down the 2nd cousin to my worries; my worldly business.  I take in every moment of time with family and some much needed time of reflection.  It is my "Happy Place".  A lot of what I treasure about this week are things that can never be put in a purse (sorry mom, that is the word the Bible uses); memories that will never fade.  Those untouchable, unfailing treasures which will never wear out.  My parents have graciously provided this week for our family for years and years, but is it their "Happy Place"?  Dad doesn't make it out to the beach much after morning and mom can take an hour tops in the sun and then she is cooking; literally! So, a Happy Place"? Actually, YES! I realized it has been their absolute joy and delight to bring us all together for this week.  So, yes it is a very happy place shared with us with overflowing joy. This was my "aha" moment when I realized that is just what our Father has done for us "for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." (Lk. 12: 32).  He has been waiting for all eternity to share this "Happy Place" with us and is overjoyed to do so.  Just like long days at the beach leave us wanting more, as we spend more time in His presence and peace it leaves us wishing for more of what He delights in sharing with us.  "But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one". (Hebrews 11:16).  I will look forward to returning to Ocean Front One next year.  As I count down the days over the next year until our return, I will remember the Lord's sheer happiness to give us joy in "Happy Places" He has designed for us and His triumph in drawing us to His everlasting joy in His eternal kingdom. 
So, I wonder, where is your "HappyPlace"?

Jesus said to his disciples, "Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions, and give alms. Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Luke 12;32-34)

No comments:

Post a Comment