Monday, September 19, 2016

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?

I realize Matthew 10:29-31 is not the Gospel reading for Sunday, but it is for Wednesday night and I did not want you to miss out on this special lesson.   Dr. Seuess' Horton Hears a Who holds a message that runs a beautiful parallel with Jesus' lesson of preparing for persecution.  "A person's a person, no matter how small."  "And even the hairs of your head are all numbered." (Mt. 10:30).  What precious lessons to teach.  No matter our size, age, upbringing, color, mistakes, or any multitude of things cannot shake God's love for us.  We are precious in His sight and worthy of His love and nothing can take His Spirit from us. All it takes is a YOPP! or a prayer.  So don't be afraid you are worth more than many sparrows.
Psalm 91:1-6 echoes this:  Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord , “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

Here are some quotes from Horton Hears a Who:
"there's a tiny person on that speck that needs my help!"
"I meant what I said and I said what I meant . An elephant is faithful 100%."
"have you forgotten what we've discussed?.  Oh no, I'm an elephant and elephants never forget."
I hear a lot of Jesus echoed in these quotes.  I invite you to join us Wednesday Night as we dig deeper into what Horton did to save the people of "Whoville" and what Jesus did to save us.
Just in case you cannot join us, I am attaching the video.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=youtube+horton+hears+a+who&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003
Take some time to realize how precious and worthy of God's attention you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment