Monday, June 13, 2016

Do you remember going to Vacation Bible School?

I guess I remember VBS because it was so different from anything else during the summer.  I distinctly remember one VBS at the little house at Trenholm Park and we made a God's eye from yarn.

Ojo de Dios / God’s Eye 
As Jane and Kelly and I were just minutes from the start of today's VBS I got that same feeling of anticipation but it was a little different.  I was anxious to see what God's plan truly was for us this first day.  Here are some things He showed me today:
1. Everyone has sinned.  No one measures up to God's glory. (Rm. 3:23).  I knew this, but I heard it differently today, maybe more with the ear of a child.
2. That sneaky serpent spoke with the strangest voice as portrayed by Allison Cox today. 
3. There are 3 beautiful verses to Jesus Loves Me!  When sung by children there is something magical in those words.
4. I can't wait to hear God's plan 2 Know Us, 2 Save Us, and 2 Love Us 4 Ever over the next days of VBS.

Come join us even just for an hour or two this week to sing or to hear God's stories through the ear of a child.  I promise you don't want to be late to church Sunday or else you will miss 3 verses of Jesus Loves Me as you have never heard before!
This is the link to Day1 of VBS.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment